Health and Safety Information
Lost River Gorge & Boulder Caves is excited to welcome you back in May for the 2022 season! Our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests and staff.
Guests will notice new procedures and policies in place across the property, including in the Main Building and along the Gorge boardwalk trail. These protocols follow recommendations and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), in addition to Universal Best Practices and industry specific guidance provided by the NH Governor’s Economic Re-Opening Task Force. Lost River Gorge is also following Attractions/Tourism industry-specific guidance to maintain healthy business operations and a healthy work environment.
We will continue to adjust our operations and safety protocols to protect guests and staff as guidance evolves. We’ll see you out on the trail for your mountain air adventure!
• Entrance to the Main Building is for guests with advance reservations; walk-up rates subject to availability.
• The Main Building is open for reservation check-in, restrooms, limited grab n’ go snacks, and gift shop operations.
• Pets are not permitted at Lost River Gorge.
• Restrooms may be accessed before and after completing the Gorge boardwalk trail.
• Guests have two hours to walk the Gorge boardwalk trail.
• Reservations should be made in advance online. Capacity is limited by hour, by day to enhance the guest experience. Some time blocks and days may sell out.
• Reservations must be made for a specific arrival time on a specific date.
• Entry is NOT guaranteed should you miss your arrival time.
• Reservation check-in is available in the Main Building – please follow one-way directional signage.
The Gorge Trail:
• The Gorge Trail is one-way ONLY and guests must exit over the deck onto the main grounds. The Main Building is open for restrooms and gift shop operations.
• The Gorge Trail is a self-guided 1 mile boardwalk loop trail with over 1,000 stairs; sturdy footwear and outdoor clothing is recommended. You will encounter slippery footing and natural and manmade obstacles.
• Some boulder caves along the Gorge Trail may be closed; all boulder caves may be bypassed.
• Guests will have two hours to complete their walk, are encouraged to maintain 6ft (2m) from other parties , and use the hand sanitizer provided throughout the facilities
• A crowd-controlled retail operation is available inside the Main Building.
• The Main Building, including the gift shop and restrooms, closes at 4:30 pm (30 minutes prior to the close of the property).